Monday, February 2, 2009

And so it begins, all over again

A new semester, a new computer, and a frustrating inability to find a job. This is the trifecta of a second semester law school student (well, I guess not everyone poured a full cup of water on their old computer...)

Is becoming a 1.5L better than just being a plain old 1L? I don't know. It's hard to tell, but classes do seem a lot less stressful. Being cold-called is less intimidating, you know the other kids, and even the reading seems shorter. Of course, the real work hasn't really begun yet, so check in with me in about a month.

In other news, Boston continues cold and snow-covered. I've started having dreams at night about falling asleep somewhere very sunny and warm. Recently, I watched someone with knee-high rain boots step into a sleet-filled puddle that was just a little to deep (really, we do have puddles that big in Boston.) On the other hand, my plants have started blooming. My biology PHD friend explained that they had to get cold and deal with shorter sunlight, a.k.a. being vernalized (I'm definitely not spelling that right) before they could bloom. So, I guess that's my silver lining of the Boston winter and my high note to end on.

2 comments:

SB said...

Yay! New Compy!

Columbia 1L said...

Hi,

I've really enjoyed reading your joint blog over the past couple of months. I've forgotten how I came across it (TLS forums perhaps? not sure if you advertised it there) but I've had it bookmarked ever since, and it's been fun reading about the lives of people at *ahem* other law schools.

Feeling a little bit inspired (but mostly just procrastinating) I've decided to belatedly start my own. I currently have a readership of 1, which is myself. I'm not really sure how to get the word out there, but I was thinking we could do some sort of cross-promotion if I ever found a small readership base.

Anyway, if you could check it out, that'd be great. I posted five quick entries to start off, and I have some more in the works. Thanks!

http://columbiaoneL.blogspot.com