Monday, March 2, 2009

Update: Summer Job Search - Mission Accomplished!

I've been sitting on this for over a week now, in part because I had to wrap up some interview processes, write a number of thank-you notes, and politely decline a number of other offers but...

...I've finally picked a summer job! After an earlier phone interview, I traveled to visit the office for an in-person final interview last week and really fell in love with the organization. I'm truly excited about the work that I'll get to do, and the team that I'm working with seems fantastic. Plus, they're generously paying me (so I don't have to rely on the also-generous SPIF funding from YLS) and offering a bunch of other perks - really unique for a non-profit.

The only down side: the organization is located in a non-DC/SF/NYC/Chicago/Boston urban area (of course, in all honesty, I haven't spent enough time there to be able to say that it's non-ideal for a 20-something yuppie like me). But it's only for a couple months. And it could turn out to be an awesome adventure! And, I'll have about a month of summer left over to do other stuff, too - maybe work on fulfilling one of our writing requirements, or travel, or just relax.

So now, it's onto the logistics - figuring out what to do with the extra month (I'm hoping to at least make a trip to visit some of my classmates working in London!), finding subletters for our apartment, and all that loveliness. I'm just glad to have pinned down my major summer commitment.

***

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats.