Monday, December 15, 2008

Examing

So, classes are done and the real work now begins - studying for exams. Unlike SB, our first semester isn't pass/pass. We have actual gradations (although far fewer of them than 1L's here last year.) I'm trying to make a plan. I'm trying to stay out of vacation mode, in which I watch 7 hours of Law and Order a day. I'm trying to keep my apartment clean, myself in reasonably good health and shape, and my family happy. I know, I know....grossly unrealistic.

No one will tell us what the grading curve will be, which I think is actually decreasing anxiety. One of our professors has said that between 40-10% of us will get honors, and another has said that only 3/80 will. Of course, that same professor mentioned that if he announced he was only giving out one "H", that would be enough for your average HLS student to fight for it. I'm not 100% sure that he's wrong. Overall, my classmates seem remarkably calm about the prospect of exams. Of course, that may well change once we get closer to the actual exam date.

On a non-school note, the holidays are here! I'm (unsuccessfully) trying to figure out how to buy Christmas presents for all my three zillion relatives with a law-student income. I tried hard to figure out a place to put a very very tiny Christmas tree in my very very very tiny apartment, but no luck. I think I may go with the "Christmas bush" option instead. Or maybe just a wreath. Hmm...these decisions suddenly seem so much more important than exams....

No comments: