Sunday, May 17, 2009

Its the End of the 1L World, And I Feel Fine

Exams are finally done, which is super exciting, but I can't relax quite yet - the law review competition is in full swing. Each year, 1Ls at Harvard happily finish their exams and celebrate exuberantly...for a grand total of two days. Then, many of them - upwards of 200, I'm told - take the week-long exam to get on the Harvard Law Review. I forget how many actually make it. It's not very many, so perhaps I'm blocking it out. I'm one of the multitudes, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high. There are two parts to it - an editing component, and writing a mock student note. None of it sounds incredibly fun, but I'm going to give it my best shot. It's too good of an opportunity to pass up for basically no reason (i.e., my desire to watch back-to-back episodes of Law & Order and sleep 14 hours/day).

When I finally finish everything this Saturday, I've got a week worth of vacation before I head down to DC for the summer. I'm planning on seeing some family living in New England and generally getting my life back into order after some minor exam-induced chaos. Like I mentioned previously, exams this semester were not a cake walk, but unlike in the fall, I don't need a couple weeks of lying comatose on the couch to recover. I'm not quite sure what will happen to the blog, as SB heads off for points less muggy and not built on a swamp. What do you think SB? Are we on vacation until August? (After of course, some obligatory end of the year reflection.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

May I ask what kind of job you'll be working at for the summer?

SB said...

Good question, Cat - I'm not sure if we're on official "vacation." I guess if we have something interesting to post about, we'll post and if we're just slogging away at work & there's nothing to report then we'll take a vacation? What do you think?

Cat said...

Hi Anonymous - I'm working for the federal government, although still doing legal stuff. I'm not making the huge amount of money that I'd make at a law firm, but I'm hoping the job will be pretty interesting.

Cat said...

Sounds reasonable SB - good luck with your property exam!