Sunday, February 7, 2010

Welcome to the Twilight Zone?

We're now two full weeks into the new semester. Amazingly, to this point I've done all my assigned reading *before* class. I've even underlined & highlighted, which tends to fall by the wayside when one gets in a rush. It's late Saturday night, and I've even done all my reading through THIS COMING TUESDAY. I can't explain how this staying-up-to-date has happened, but I almost don't want to know the explanation for fear of somehow screwing it up/jinxing it.

[Maybe I've felt some sort of psychic pressure to do all my reading because three of my five courses now ban laptop use during class? Hard to know if that's the case. I'll leave my thoughts on no-laptop classes for another post.]

Perhaps ever more astonishing than a sudden injection of academic energy is the fact that my sudden studiousness hasn't been accompanied by a lack of out-of-class activities & social engagements. Just last night, there was a basically-the-whole-school-in-attendance Jersey Shore party, complete with themed dress-up requirements. If you don't know what that entails, perhaps it will be made clear by the following explanation of one lady's outfit, described by said lovely lady: "I Googled 'Jersey Shore slutty dresses' and just bought the first thing that came up." General reaction of the crowd to the selected dress: (J)WOW(W).

A good time was had by all.

And so, while I kind of wish I had been in DC for this weekend's Snopocalypse, things here are pretty cool, too.

***

1 comment:

Cat said...

SB, I lost all interest in the Jersey Shore once they decided they were leaving Seaside Heights. I think they should be obligated to change the name of their show.