Sunday, April 11, 2010

In Other News...

While I spent much of the weekend lounging in the living room, doing bouts of work and watching the Masters, my classmate just won $750,000 at the North American Poker Tournament event at Mohegan Sun. The full story is here, for people who just want the summary and not the play-by-play.

One might say her final opponent's play was affected by Vanessa's supporters, including a number of YLS classmates:

"If ever I get heads up in one of these things again, I'm hiring myself a new cheering section," Beasley said. "I'm hiring your cheering section."

Congrats, Vanessa!
***

1 comment:

Clear Admit c/o Caroline said...

You might not know it, but you were recently nominated for Clear Admit's annual Best of Blogging competition (http://blog.clearadmit.com/law/2010/04/best-of-blogging-nominees-2009-2010/). Congratulations! To receive your ballot and cast your vote, please email 'bob' 'at' clearadmit 'dot' com.

Thanks!