Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Winter Non-Wonderland

I have class very very very early in the mornings a couple days a week. Usually (for reasons too complicated to list here), this works out great. However, yesterday morning, there was a blizzard. Yet, bizarrely, yesterday morning, there was also school.

OK, I exaggerate somewhat on the blizzard part. What is true is that there was a lot of snow, nothing was plowed, it was extremely cold, it was snowing, and it was very windy. Most law students roll out of bed and walk underground (through this great tunnel system that we've got) about a half block to school. I live 40 minutes off campus, and my commute looks somewhat different. Obviously, I was in a bad mood as I wadded through snow drifts composing angry* letters to the Dean of Students. But, I did see some great things on my way to HLS, including:
  1. Several people riding bicycles through six inches of (unploughed) snow.
  2. A guy on cross-country skies. (I need to get me some of those, plus learn how to use them.)
  3. A homeless lady wearing - not carrying, wearing - an umbrella. It looked like she had stuck the handle down the back of her coat. It indicates something about law school when I say that this is the most brilliant idea that I've come into contact with for a while...but really, I wanted one too.
* And unsent, yet therapeutic.

No comments: