Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Not Dead Yet

Although, I may be almost there. We had two 8 hour exams in three days, and have a shorter one on Friday. 8 hour exam number 1 was reasonable. 8 hour exam number 2 was awful awful awful. However, now that I have gone through 16 hours of law school exams, I feel qualified to offer some advice on the topic:
(1) Have a working transportable computer that can connect to the internet...no, I haven't got one of these.
(2) Find someone you are very attached to (and is hopefully irrationally attached to you) and get them to offer constant moral support and home cooked dinners...I have got one of these.
(3) Take practice exams.
(4) Breath.
(5) Recall worse things will happen and have happened to you in life. I personally find this comforting, but I guess it might not work for everyone.
(6) Realize at some point other than the day before the exam that the more you study, the less unpleasant taking the exam will be. Also realize that an unprepared for law school exam can be very very unpleasant. This may require referring back to 4.

No comments: