Monday, October 13, 2008

Columbus, You Creep, I'm Pretty Grateful Right Now

Yay for federal holidays! (Even those celebrating a man who maybe shouldn't be celebrated that much.) I think the craziness of law school just makes the time off that much better. Yesterday, I went apple picking with some friends, which was pretty much the greatest thing ever. Although I nearly killed myself falling out of a tree, I am now the very proud owner of a bag of Concord apples, and am concocting plans about applesauce. Today, some other 1Ls and I are going shopping for winter clothes. The Californians in my class are looking distinctly nervous about the approaching deep freeze.

So, it is possible to be a law student and have fun. Who would have guessed? A friend of mine who is also a 1L told me he spends at least 8 hours day asleep, makes sure he exercises, and spends his weekends just walking around the city with his wife. That, I think, is the right way to do law school.

No comments: