Sunday, September 6, 2009

2L!

Classes have just started at HLS, and I'm very excited for the semester. 1L year at Harvard is (semi) fun, but I think the upper level years is when the true benefits of going to a large and diverse law school really become apparent. There is a specific sub-field of law that I am particularly interested in, and the wonderful thing about HLS is that not only is there a wonderful and well-known legal expert in that field at the school - there are many, and therefore there are multiple classes taught in the subject each semester by professors and practitioners with very different professional experiences and perspectives. Additionally, I'm finally able to meet a variety of other people who hope to practice in the same area as myself.

In fact, the real problem I'm having is restraining myself from taking too many courses at one time. The options are so fantastic, and it's the last time I'm going to be in school. However, I'm doing a clinical this semester, so 15 hours of my week are already spoken for. I'm also working as a research assistant, as well as on a law journal (although not THE law journal). And of course, I'd like to save time to ride around my brand new bike (bought with money I made as a part-time RA this summer), enjoy the company of the S.O. and my wonderful friends from 1L , and gripe about the Boston winter.

No comments: