Friday, September 18, 2009

The LSAT is - suprisingly - not the LAST thing from my mind

Tomorrow, for the second time in a couple weeks, I'm proctoring a practice LSAT for an LSAT prep company. The last time I proctored - a glorious morning in which I was able to simultaneously time the test-takers and work on my own research for a professor, resulting in getting paid twice for doing two different tasks - the students were pretty new to the game and had relatively no idea what they were doing. Many of them couldn't even hope to finish the various sections in the allotted 35 minutes. I'm sure by now their skills and confidence have improved dramatically, but at the time they were incredibly overwhelmed:

"You go to Yale?!?" they said. "You must've gotten, like, every question right on the LSAT."

"No," I said. "But I *did* study a lot. And I got lucky on a few guesses," - both of which are very true.

Sometimes it's sickening just how important one single test is in the general scheme of admissions for 99% of the law schools in this country. Every time I talk to someone in the midst of prepping for the LSAT, I am incredibly thankful that I'll never have to take such a high-stakes test again. Except maybe the bar. But I'm not going to think about that right now.

**

1 comment:

Gregor Renk said...

I can relate to you a lot. It does become really tiring and exhausting after appearing for such tests more than once. It is better to prepare for such exams at once with the help of TestMax LSAT Prep Courses and score amazingly well in the first place only.