Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Decided.

Yesterday I finally made a series of "Thanks, but no thanks" calls to law firms that had generously offered me a place in their summer associate class but where I wasn't ultimately going to accept an offer. Basically, I was anticipating the most awkward phone calls ever.

Fortunately, every HR person I spoke with was absolutely wonderful; while expressing regret that I wasn't going to be joining them, they were friendly and encouraging and welcomed me to get back in touch down the road if my career plans changed [I don't know if that's just part of the schtick...but it sounded nice at the time].

So now, I'm settled; I know which firm I'll be at next summer. I have a city whose Craigslist apartment ads I can start perusing when I want to procrastinate [just doing my research...]. And I can hopefully be at least something closer to a real student, and not a vagabond who hasn't slept in her own bed in literally 14 weekends. Hooray.

**

2 comments:

Cat said...

Why don't you make it a 15-weekend streak and come to Boston to celebrate!

SB said...

Haha, Cat - that's my plan for *next* weekend...so I'm breaking my streak, but for a good reason (Halloween!!).