Thursday, October 22, 2009

Firm Rejection Letter

I have gotten a lot of rejection letters from law firms. Most were really polite, but there have been some doozys. Up until today, my favorite was the firm that sent me a rejection letter postdated two days after I had withdrawn myself from consideration at their firm. (I guess to show me just where I stood.) However, I can't resist sharing my new favorite:




In case you can't read it - I think it expands if you click on it, but posting this pushed the limits of my technological abilities - it says:

"Thank you for taking the time to meet with our Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher recruiters on campus at [school name] last August [September for Penn]. Please accept our apologies for the delay in communicating with you following our on-campus interviews.

We are now coming to the end of our recruiting process, and we do not anticipate extending additional callbacks. However, we wanted to take a moment to thank you for your interest in our firm and also to wish you all the best as you complete your degree and begin your legal career."

I'll point out that their legal recruiter was actually very friendly when we met on campus, and it seemed like a great firm to work for. Still . . .



2 comments: