Thursday, October 29, 2009

Firm Rejection Letter: II

Actual Gchat conversation with a mutual friend of Cat & yours truly...xxxxxx is a first-year associate at a BigLaw firm:

...

xxxxxx:
also
law firms are so great
me: haha. well, [the firm you work at] sent me a rejection letter yesterday, after *I* REJECTED *THEM* three or four weeks ago.
xxxxxx: HAHAHA
that's awesome
i told them to do it
i said it would be awkward to work with you
me: ahhh
xxxxxx: i'm a pretty big wheel at [my firm]
me: oh yeah? a squeaky one?
xxxxxx: i get so much grease
me: eew?
xxxxxx: i'm not sure what that even means

2 comments:

Cat said...

I know who that is just based on the comment "I'm a pretty big wheel at my firm"

Caroline @ Clear Admit said...

Your post about the timing, reverse rejection was pretty funny, and this is even more so :)Congrats on the position!